We've tried a lot of the meal delivery kits, and most have been...fine. But this recipe was easy and quick, so I've been cooking it pretty often.
- Zucchini (one or two), quarter lengthwise then cut into half inch pieces
- Yellow onion - diced
- Garlic - minced
- Thyme - eh, a teaspoon?
- Ground beef - at least a pound
- Penne pasta - at least a pound
- Italian seasoning - whatever you've got around, use some, not a lot
- Crushed tomatoes - 28oz can
- Parmesan - grated
- Do all your slicing and dicing.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Brown ground beef for 4-5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Water should be boiling now, drop that pasta in there.
- Add onion and zucchini to pan with beef and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic, thyme, and Italian seasoning.
- Pasta should be close to done now, remove from heat and scoop out about half a cup of pasta water.
- Add tomatoes and pasta water to pan with beef and veggies. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until it thickens up (about 5 minutes).
- Scoop the noodles from the pot into the pan with everything else and toss to coat.
- Grate parmesan over the top until you feel a little embarrassed.