When Amanda and I got married, our families compiled a cookbook of their favorite recipes. This is one of them.
- 2lb ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 1tsp garlic, minced
- 3tbsp white vinegar
- 3tbsp chili powder
- 280z can tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3 cans chili beans (Bush's)
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Do all your mincing and dicing.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Saute onion and celery in olive oil, 5 minutes
- Add garlic to onion and celery, 30 seconds
- Put garlic, onion, celery, beef, and all other ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook in a slow cooker on low for at least 4 hours, "longer cooking just makes it better"