From The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook. I cook an insane amount of meals from this cookbook. Highly recommend.
- At least 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 3ish garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups white rice
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 4.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, juice half (you need about 2 tbsp juice) then cut the other half into wedges for serving
- Do all your slicing and dicing.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then dredge the chicken in flour, shake it off like T Swift so it's not clumpy.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet, or use a Dutch oven if you have one.
- Brown chicken well on one side (about 5 minutes), then transfer chicken to a plate while you do some other things.
- Add butter to the skillet, melt, then add the onion and a little salt. Cook the onion for a few minutes, then add the garlic and cook for maybe 30 seconds.
- Add the rice and toast it for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in wine and let it absorb completely. Then add the broth.
- Nestle the chicken browned side up on top of everything. Cover and cook until the chicken is done (this will take around 10 minutes, maybe a little longer).
- The chicken will probably finish before the rice, so take it out when it's done, set it aside, and keep cooking the rice until it's done. Add the frozen peas at this point.
- After the rice is done, turn off the heat and add scallions and lemon juice. Fluff the rice, add salt and pepper if it needs it, and serve chicken over rice with lemon wedges.