My go-to pasta sauce is Rao's, specifically Tomato Basil (available at Kroger or Whole Foods). If you get crappy pasta sauce, there's no point in this meal.
- Large jar of pasta sauce
- 1lb ground beef (90/10 works best)
- 1lb pasta, whatever kind tickles your fancy
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (or Parmesan if you don't feel like treating yo self) (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Brown ground beef, then drain. Wipe out pan.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Return beef to pan, pour in sauce.
- Transfer pasta from pot to pan (this way some of the pasta water gets transferred too, so the sauce will cling to the noodles).
- Mix it all together and serve, grating cheese over the top.